1. I have an epic that has a label. (see first screenshot)
2. I am wanting to have that label be applied to new issue (a task type) that's linked to the epic. (see first screenshot)
3. I built an automation rule that I think should accomplish this. (See 2nd screenshot)
I've also tried 'add labels from epic', setting the label to 'Copy from Parent' as well as 'Copy from Epic', etc.
Where am I going wrong?
Hey @Ben Kojis
You are almost there, one thing you must include is the branch to check if the issue created as "Epic" as parent. So please check this out rule, it works.
In Edit issue field for labels provide "Copy from Epic" option.
1. I kept the basic logic we had in place; however, switched out 'copy from parent' as you had suggested.
2. I then created a new ticket associated w/ the Epic
3. And checked the audit log (thank you for pointing this out)
You'll note in the screenshots below, that it seemingly ran successfully for ENROLL-133; however, when I go to the ticket, the label does not appear.
Hey @Vishwas , thanks for the thought here. I didn't have any luck w/ the following. I'm curious if you (or anyone else) have other ideas.
1. Your original suggested rules - the only difference being I couldn't use logic of 'exists', I had to use 'is not empty'. And then again, I'm using 'Copy from Parent' as @John had suggested. 2. I also tried adding a branch within the logic to see if that made a difference. Same logic w/ the Epic and what I'm copying the label from. I'm less confident I got this one right...
I did rename the 'Epic' issue type name to 'Bets'. I could imagine that goofing some logic. Wanted to call it out here.
Hi @Ben Kojis,
Welcome to the Community!
Unfortunately your rule isn't quite working the way you might expect it to. I was looking at the editing of Labels myself and I saw that copy from epic issue is an option. While I know that parent would seem to make sense here I think you actually want the copy from epic operation instead.
I hope that helps!