Task structure not displaying properly

AVB October 7, 2022

Hi,

I'd like to see in my program scope the following hierarchy:

-"Epic's parent" issue type (link-based)

-Epics (built-in)

-"children" issue types -> sub-tasks (built-in)

*partizipation (link-based)

I played with the task structure but i's not displaying the issues the way I'd like to. I guess there's something I haven't done properly. Do you have a hint?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2022

Hi, @AVB. Welcome to the community. 👋

Out-of-the-box, Jira only supports a 3-level hierarchy — Epic > Story/Task > Subtask.  To add additional layers you'll have to upgrade to Jira Cloud Premium OR choose an Atlassian Marketplace app. that enables you to work with an alternative hierarchy.

I've highlighted the search criteria I used in this example, but of course you can (should) choose your own criteria.

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 12.15.05 PM.png

I hope this helps,

-dave

P.S.  Full disclosure: I work for the company that makes Structure, which happens to be the top-selling app in this area.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2022

The standard Atlassian answer is "use Epic -> Issue -> Sub-task as intended, then extend upwards (layers above Epic) with Advanced Roadmaps".

If that is not right for you, then do what @Dave Rosenlund says.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events