Sub-tasks creation based on values of a custom field

Fariz Aliverdiyev November 1, 2021

Hello everyone. 

Is there any possibility to create sub-tasks in Automation for Jira  based on the values of a custom filed?

For example, I have a "department" custom field with dep1, dep2 and dep3 values. I created an automatic rule so when dep1 is a value of this custom field a sub-task "dep1 - subtask" is created. But if there are two values, for example, dep1 and dep2 are selected inside "department" custom field this rule creates only sub-task for one value. 

So, can we create 'dep1-subtask' if dep1 is selected, "dep1-subtask" and "dep2-subtask" if dep1 and dep2 are selected and "dep1-subtask", dep2-subtask and dep3-subtask if dep1, dep2 and dep3 are selected inside department field?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

Hello @Fariz Aliverdiyev 

To create single or multiple sub-tasks based on the value/s selected in a custom field is possible. Please refer to the attached screenshot where the Approvers are set based on the CAB Team selected. This can be customised to suit your scenario.

Please let me know if you need help with the exact rule.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps resolve your query.

Automation Rule.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events