Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Structure formula question: Get total story points in a Structure?

Hello. I have  Structure board that is built via a query at the top level. I typically group it using the Component field. I would like to create a formula column showing each group's percentage of the story points in the entire Structure board.

What I can't figure out is how to access the number representing the sum of all points in the Structure. Is there a number representing this, or a way to calculate it?

Thank you.

2 answers

example.pngAttached is an example of what I do if it helps.

Story Points - choose Sum over sub items and chose sigma story points.

Using formulas : IF (Status = "Closed"; StoryPoints) - for closed story points

for sized Issue Count : COUNT#all {Story Points}

Total Issues : IF(itemtype = 'issue';COUNT#all{Summary} and issueType != "Epic")

Resolved Total : IF(itemtype="issue"; COUNT#all{Summary} and issueType != "Epic" and (Status = "Resolved" or Status = "Verified"))

Closed Total : IF(itemtype = "issue"; COUNT#all{Summary} and issueType != "Epic" and Status = "Closed")

Rich

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

We are planning to add the ability to aggregate at the sibling level, but we are unable to communicate a timeline as to when this is going to happen. I will post here when the improvement has been released.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. Please reach out to support@almworks if you have any other additional questions.

Best Regards,

Vlad

ALM Works

Thank you Vlad. I will look forward to it.

You are very welcome! Sounds good! 

@Vlad-ALM Works- Hello Vlad. Has this functionality been added to the roadmap? I would also like to show a percentage of all Time Spent / Time Remaining shown on the Structure board. 

Hello!

This is currently in our backlog but it's a popular request and we hope to have it scheduled soon. I will let you know once we know more. Are you looking to show a percentage from the Sum Time Spent/ Sum Remaining Estimate of your whole structure or do you mean something else?

Please feel free to elaborate on the use case so I can either recommend a Formula, if possible or share your use case with our Product Team.

Best Regards,

Vlad

Thanks for the reply! The answer to your question is yes. However, I would also like to have any number-based field do this. Here is a use case:

We have a custom field that sums up days spent on all tasks in an Epic. And, I have a Structure board that shows five epics. Each epic had one day spent on them. So, total days spent as shown on the Structure board = 5.

Allow me to access the total of 5 as a variable, so that I can create a Percentage column called Percentage of Days Spent, such that each item shows 20%.

Please allow this for any built-in or custom number-based field, such as Story Points.

Please let me know if I can clarify on that use case further.

Excellent! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. This is what we are planning for but I'll make sure to share your thoughts with our Product Team. I will reach out here once the feature has been implemented. 

If you have further questions or need additional help with Structure, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team at support@almworks.com.

Best Regards,

Vlad

Hello Claudine,

I just wanted to let you know that the described calculation can be possible using the PARENT{SUM#children{ ... }} function that was added in Structure 6.0. So please feel free to try the function on this version or on a later one.

And if you need any assistance with the Formula column, please don't hesitate to contact us directly via support.almworks.com for proper support.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - April 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

273 views 3 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you