Structure.Gantt Resource Leveling Unavailable?

ChrisBrewer June 2, 2021

Am I doing something wrong here? I am using Structure for Jira cloud and there is no resource leveling option available. According to the support articles there is a button/module within the gantt chart view but it doesn't show up for me. I'm the Jira admin and have tried adjusting the settings but I can't find anything here about resource leveling either.

1 answer

2 votes
alexeypegov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hello, Chris!

This is Alexey from ALM Works.

There is nothing wrong there, Structure.Gantt for Cloud is not so mature product as its DC counterpart, and some of its features are not yet available for Cloud. Resources is the feature that was implemented for Cloud recently, but Resource Leveling is still waiting to be implemented. We do our best to implement missing features as fast as possible, and I hope that Leveling will be available for Cloud later this year.

Please, subscribe to our Release Notes to get notified as soon as it become available.

Best regards,

Alexey.

Kelly Dillon January 19, 2022

Alexey, 

We're using Structure.Gantt for Cloud and resource leveling is pretty essential.  Our projects are Atlassian-hosted/cloud based.  What is the "DC counterpart" and can it be used against Atlassian-hosted projects?  If not, is there any workaround for leveling work?  It's not realistic to create dependency links between features just to resource level, as the links are for technical dependencies, not workflow.  

Thanks in advance!

Like xrigau likes this
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2022

Hello @Kelly Dillon ,

David from ALM Works here.

At the moment Resource Leveling is not available for the Cloud version of Structure.Gantt.  The DC counterpart that Alexey mentioned was regarding the Data Center version of Structure.Gantt, which does have this feature.  It is not possible to use the DC version for use on Cloud.

That being said, we are working through our Roadmap and Resource Leveling is getting very close.  Please also feel free to sign up for the Release Notes Alexey linked above.

We will be in touch as soon as it is available!

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
xrigau September 28, 2022

Our projects are Atlassian-hosted/cloud based too and I am evaluating WBS, BigGantt and Structure as we speak. Without resource leveling the plug-in is a no-go :(

Dennis_Tangeman March 6, 2023

@David Niro - In Jan of 2022 you said that Resource Leveling was getting very close. Is Resource Leveling any closer?

The link you provided does not depict a roadmap. Are you able to provide an updated link to your roadmap indicating where Resource leveling is in the pipeline? 

Regards,

DT

Like xrigau likes this
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2023

Hello @Dennis_Tangeman ,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for pointing that out.  I updated the link.  Here as well for convenience:

https://wiki.almworks.com/documentation/gantt/latest/cloud/structure-gantt-roadmap-161844345.html

Best,
David

Nicolas SARRABAYROUSE November 21, 2023

Hello, I'm searching a Gantt for JIRA with resource leveling so I'm testing structure.Gantt. I can't see resource leveling button at date >> is-it now available?

Thank you,

Nicolas.

Capture.JPG

Like xrigau likes this
Nicolas SARRABAYROUSE November 22, 2023

UP!

Like xrigau likes this
Nicolas SARRABAYROUSE November 28, 2023

Hello, for people interested I received this answer from Tempo (Anna) :

Hi Nicolas, 

Many thanks for reaching out to us. 

At the moment Resource levelling feature is placed for Q2'24 on the Roadmap for Structure.Gantt cloud. Please note that the Roadmap is subject to change sometimes, so there are no obligations from our side to deliver it by then. 

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Thanks!

Sincerely, 
Anna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events