Somehow broke JETI updated emails

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2018

Between this morning and this afternoon, i somehow broke JETI  (jira email this issue) in such a way as that modified work orders never send an update.

- New work orders do send an email fine

- manually sending a "test" email with a manually entered issue key from email templates works for the "modified" template.

- was all working fine this morning.

i have setup

- email templates, for new and modified

- a notification template that fires on first matching event

- contexts that have no project selected and no issue type selected (should cover all items, and both work order systems (service desk and project) and i think contexts is what directs the mail right?)

this is one of those things thats probably stupid easy and ive just been looking at it too long.  i mean it WAS working FINE! what would you look at in this situation? i was just starting to think i had a handle on JETI and then had to spend the last 3 hours banging my head against this....

2018-02-08_14h32_43.png

1 answer

0 votes
JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2018

i think i found the problem, which is that comments are a whole other set of "updates". i was only posting comments to test this, which did not trigger an update. i had to make a whole other template for "issue commented".

i still dont have JITA sending the issues, but rather it appears to be jira itself sending them as they are not using my modified templates. but at least i am somewhat getting updates now (for instance if i change the priority).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events