Share objectives between teams in BigPicture

Josh Broadway
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2024

My organisation is using BigPicture Objectives and we just had two teams commit to achieve a shared Objective.

I've created a Jira ticket to capture the objective, added it as one teams objective but when I try to add it as an objective for the second team I get the attached error:

Shared Objective Error.PNG

Neither team is the 'main' team. Is there a way to associate a single Jira ticket to the objectives of multiple teams in BigPicture?

1 answer

0 votes
shane_garnett July 9, 2024

@Josh Broadway Odd... I've attached a screenshot where I added the same Issue to multiple team objectives.  Is this what you're referring to?
Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 3.42.22 PM.png

Kind Regards,
Shane Garnett
Sr. Solutions Advisor
Appfire

Josh Broadway
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 9, 2024

Hi Shane, thanks for the response but no, that's not what I'm referring to. Those screenshots show two 'basic' Objectives that link to the same Jira ticket as 'associated work'.

What I'm trying to do is have two separate teams share the same Jira ticket as an objective. For example, when creating the new objective hit the toggle to link a specific ticket:

Screenshot 2024-07-10 084120.png

In this case I've selected CRD-1088 as the Jira ticket that I'd like to add as an objective for the IPT.

The issue is that this works fine the for the first team that I add CRD-1088 as an objective, but it fails for the second team, with the error message in my original post.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events