Select user to assign on a Issue from a external source.

vdefeo-df
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2018

I would like to create an automation which will auto-assign tickets among team members based on their availability.

My idea is to have a google sheet which team members are going to set up if they are available or not and the automation should query on this google sheet to figure out which team members are available before assigning a ticket to one of them.

Is it possible to achieve this using the automation plugin? Is there any other way to achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user July 30, 2018

Hey there Vinicius,

I'm not sure if google spreadsheets will be supported any time soon to be honest.

There's not really a great way to round robin assign to users based on time of day / availability. If you had a hard conditions where if time of day = 4pm assign to person Y, if 5pm assign to person X etc. then you can use the if-else set up to assign to different people / groups of people.

Not sure if that helps all that much, but let us know if you have more questions!

Cheers,

Mark C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events