Scriptrunner: how to identify an issue type as both a Parent and Child

Diana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

I have an issue type called Spikes. These Spikes can be linked at the parent level (derivation is) and as a child (is derived from).

I have 3 custom fields A, B, and C. With custom field A always showing on the issue screen.

If Spike is a parent, and custom field A is checked Yes, then custom field B and C appears.
If Spike is a parent, and custom field A is unchecked, then B and C clears and disappears.

If Spike is a child, and custom field A is checked, then custom field C appears.
If Spike is a child, and custom field A is unchecked, then C clears and disappears.

I'm at a lost when it comes to script writing, but is it possible for write a script that can identify an issue both at a parent and child level as well as make the script run different instructions based on what level an issue is?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2022

Hi @Diana Gorv

I have doubt to clarify with you, i.e. what type of fields are you using for A, B and C? Are they checkboxes or radio buttons?

Below is an example working code that can be used for either radio buttons or checked boxes.

import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FieldBehaviours
import groovy.transform.BaseScript

@BaseScript FieldBehaviours behaviours
def optionsA = getFieldById(fieldChanged)
def optionsB = getFieldByName('Options B')
def optionsC = getFieldByName('Options C')

def optionsAValue = optionsA.value.toString()
optionsB.hidden = true
optionsC.hidden = true

if (optionsAValue == 'Yes') {
if (issueContext.issueType.name != 'Sub-task') {
optionsB.hidden = false
optionsC.hidden = false
} else {
optionsC.hidden = false
}
}

Please note the sample code provided is not 100% exact to your environment. Hence, you will need to make the required modifications.

In this sample code, if the issue type is Bug, Task or Story, when Options A is set to Yes, the fields Options B and Options C will be visible.

And if it is a Sub-task issue type, when Options A is set to Yes, only the field Options C will be visible.

You will need to change the code according to your environment, i.e., the Parent issue type and the child issue type.

Below is a print screen of the Behaviour configuration:-

behaviour_config.png

I hope this helps to answer your question. :)

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Ram

Diana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2022

Thank you @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ I'll use this code.

Custom field A is a checkbox while custom field B and C are dropdown menus. But I think I understand what I need to do from this example. 

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events