ScriptRunner for next-gen Workflow Extensions

kelvin lee wei sern
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2019

Hello,

I just downloaded trial version of ScriptRunner for Jira (Cloud) and am looking for "Workflow Extensions" or "Workflow Post Functions." I just expected an option under Scriptrunner in the left window pane that says "Workflow Extensions" or "Workflow Post Functions" but I don't see it.  

P.S: I am using next-gen projects

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Hi Kelvin and Medplanner,

I can confirm that as mentioned as above that next-gen projects are designed to be a lightweight version of standard Jira projects and due to this it means they do not have the same features of standard Jira projects such as workflows.

As the workflow functionality is not provided by Jira in these projects then ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud cannot be used to provide workflow functions and in order to use ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud, you will need to switch over to using full Jira projects.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2019

Hi @kelvin lee wei sern ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Next-Gen have been designed to be simplified projects, to be used by small teams that want to quickly jump in and get started, without the need for a Jira admin to configure things. Therefore, the possibility to edit/customize workflows.

For details and differences between Classic and Next-Gen please review below links:

Furthermore, we have a feature request open in our system to have this functionality added:

You may want to vote and watch the above feature request so that you will get notified in case of any update. The  feature will be addressed according to the Implementation of New Features Policy.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Medplanner Tech.Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2019

Hi @Dario B 

I am well aware workflow is not yet built in next-gen software. I'm hoping I'm able to workaround that by using Scriptunner or any other kind of add-on to write my own scripts. 

So my question is are they any REST APIs or webhooks that I am able to subscribe to which will alert me once an issue move from e.g: 'To-Do' to 'In-Progress'. Thanks.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2019

Hi @Medplanner Tech.Support,

Please see above answer from @Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events