ScriptRunner fails to execute the code when the code is pasted to the script console window

Jedrzej Wolski August 27, 2018

I observe a strange behavior of ScriptRunner when I paste the code in the ScriptRunner's script console. The static checker gives the green light for that code but clicking ‘Run’ returns with following error (string 'aaa.bbb.ccc' stands for a real path on the system):

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:

Script392.groovy: 39: unable to resolve class aaa.bbb.ccc.MyClass

@ line 39, column 1.

import aaa.bbb.ccc.MyClass

^

1 error

Where line number 39 is the line where the class is mentioned in the code for the first time and the import is done on that line. 

class-is-correct-for-static-checker.png

The class itself is perfectly correct (see above), unchanged and used over and over in a different, already existing code.

Workaround:

Put the same code in a file and run it from the script console choosing option 'FILE' instead of 'SCRIPT'. The script is executed without errors.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Hello @Jedrzej Wolski

It's a known bug of Scriprunner, here is the issue at adaptavist support.

There you can find some workarounds.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Hello,

That is a bug in my opinion. There is an open ticket in Adaptavist:

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-458

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events