ScriptRunner - Override project permissions like in "Bulk Fix Resolutions"

Kevin Tracy November 19, 2015

I need to override project permissions to edit closed issues, like it is possible to do in the built-in-script "Bulk Fix Resolutions". I've been digging through the API but could use some help.

I am writing a postfunction where, if the issue being created is linked to another issue, it will add a string to the linked issue's Summary. However, most of the linked issues in this case happen to be closed, and we need to keep closed issues non-editable.

Maybe it is possible to change the permission to editable inside the script, and then after it runs, change it back to non-editable.

I know with "Bulk Fix Resolutions" it is possible to override this so if anyone knows how this is done I would appreciate it.

-Kevin

1 answer

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2015

Whether an issue is editable or not comes from whether the current user has permission to edit the issue, and whether jira.issue.editable is set on the issue's current step.

As far as I remember only IssueService checks that property, so you could use the lower-level API:

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
issue.setSummary("some changed summary")
issueManager.updateIssue(user, issue, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED, false)

Kevin Tracy November 24, 2015

Thanks Jamie. I got an error with issueManager.updateIssue but I was able to solve this with issue.store() and reindexing. -Kevin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events