ScriptRunner Custom Listener

Christopher Satterfield
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2022

Does anyone have examples of a ScriptRunner custom listener on how to change the issuetype on the creation of the ticket?

In this case, it will be IF the ticket is created with a certain issuetype AND the description contains certain data.

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2022

Changing issue type with any sort of automation is never a good idea except for the very rare case that the issue type has the same field configuration and workflow.

That's why the Move action is built like a wizard. There are many steps and decisions that have to be made along the way. That's difficult to predict in a script.

What I would suggest for your use case is a behaviour that raises an error if the description contains keywords that don't match the selected issue type.

Something like "based on this description, it appears that you want to raise a X issue type, but you have selected Y, please select Y or specify a description that's more in line with X"

Christopher Satterfield
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2022

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events