ScriptRunner Behaviour not firing

Paul Stallworth
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2018

I am trying to get a very simple Behaviour working in my production instance.  I have it working in development, but when I tried in production nothing is happening.  The code I am working with is below, and I've attached a screenshot as well.  This behaviour is mapped to all issue types of a software project.  When I click the Create button and choose the project, I see nothing in the logs where I am expecting to see the "Inside Behaviour Initialiser" message.

import static com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFieldConstants.*
import org.apache.log4j.Logger
import org.apache.log4j.Level
def log = Logger.getLogger("com.paul.CreateIssue")
log.setLevel(Level.DEBUG)
log.debug("Inside Behaviour Initialiser");
getFieldById(SUMMARY).setFormValue("Default Starting Summary")

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Stallworth
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018

Turns out Alexey was partially right.  There is a module of the ScriptRunner plugin, Behaviour issue assets, that was disabled for some reason on my production instance, but not development.  Enabling that module fixed the issue.

Mathew Monteiro April 17, 2023

Where did you find that module which you enabled ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2023

Admin -> manage apps -> find SR in the list and look for the (small) + for "expand modules" and you'll get a tree-like list of modules.

SR has a lot of modules, and sometimes, when Jira is loading all the modules for all the apps as it starts up, it can struggle to load them all at the same time.  If it fails for some reason (even just simple load), it can leave modules disabled. 

It's not a serious failure (a significant problem would stop it starting up completely), but it might be worth a quick look at giving it a bit more time to load the apps at startup if you find it happens again on the next restart.

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2018

Hello,

According to your screenshot this behaviour is disabled. You should enable the Use Validator plugin option.

Paul Stallworth
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2018

Hi,

Where is it disabled?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events