Rendering Gliffy diagram into CNFL content

Calvin May 18, 2022

If the Gliffy diagrams for Jira add-on is installed and working, can a diagram that was created in an issue be pulled into a Confluence page using a macro similar to how issue fields/data can be included using a ‘Insert JIRA Issue/Filter’ macro? Ultimately I'm wondering if the diagram will render on the page as an image.

2 answers

0 votes
Calvin July 15, 2022

Updating my own post with a work around.

1) Create a Gliffy diagram in Confluence.
2) On the Confluence page where the diagram shows, click the 'embed' link on the diagram tool bar (shown below)

ToolbarEmbedLink.png

3) In the dialog that appears (shown below), choose the Jira option, and then choose Copy.

EmbedJiraURL.png

4) In Jira, paste the copied URL into a field that allows Wiki rendering, then Update.

The digram will render in the Jira issue. The source is the Gliffy diagram on confluence.

0 votes
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Hi Cal!

I think you'd need both the Gliffy Diagrams for Jira and Confluence apps in order to do it this way — I imagine you'd be adding the Gliffy macro in Confluence and open your existing diagram.

You could always export the diagram from Jira and insert it on the page as image.

Does that answer your question?

Calvin May 18, 2022

Thanks Samie.

Right - one could always export the diagram as an image and attach it to a Confluence page, but I'm looking to understand if its possible to "point" Confluence to directly use a diagram in a Jira issue.

Scenario:

Assume both Gliffy apps are available and working for Jira and Confluence. When a user  creates a new Gliffy diagram on CNFL, can they search for a diagram on the Jira server and link to the original or use it as a template? Or maybe there is a macro that pulls the diagram onto the page as an image automagically?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events