Release Management - cross project - custom swimlanes

U Anand June 20, 2022

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance to find an app which allows release management across projects.

For big organisations, its not uncommon to have mutiple teams, under different verticles, making changes to the same application.

I am looking for release 360 type of plugings which can help:

1) bring all releases (versions) across projects in a single view (Calendar View) - clicking on respective version can take you to that particular project -> version details (issues in version etc)

2) Allows one to create custom swimlanes.

To illustrate an example, say we have three applications, App1, App2, App3 and we have three projects Proj1, Proj2, Proj3.

All 3 projects are working on all three applications and are going live on different dates.

I need a 360 degree view to get information in different views

a) Project wise view (project swimlanes) which shows (potential) release dates for all releases/versions

b) Application wise view (Application in swimlanes), which shows release dates for all versions 

c) Project and Application View

d) Application and project view

These views can help identify dependencies and conflicts.

Please share your experince for me to evaluate any available app. 

2 answers

1 vote
yurikudin June 20, 2022

Hi,

I believe that Release management for Jira will help you.

Let's review your requirements:

• 1) bring all releases (versions) across projects in a single view (Calendar View) - clicking on respective version can take you to that particular project -> version details (issues in version etc)

In the release management, you are able to bring all versions to the same Calendar, Kanban board or show it as a roadmap:

3.png2.png1.png

Issues in version could be easily reviewed and managed

4.png

2) Allows one to create custom swimlanes.

In the release management, you are able to create packages and add multiple versions to the package. Also, custom tags could be assigned to the version.

Having that, you can create swimlanes per Project, Package or Tag

6.png5.png

Please let me know if you would like to see a product demo.

Thanks,

Yuri

U Anand June 27, 2022

Hey Yuri, I would love to as I tried a little but could not make it work the way I like. May be I am missing something.

yurikudin June 27, 2022

Hi @U Anand could you please request a live demo session in order to answer all your questions and support with mapping a solution?

https://docs.google.com/forms/u/2/d/e/1FAIpQLSdvVBm5KK5wTNosLqyP9iKUI8GOoqZn8kQEyV-1yAOJZEwKxQ/viewform

Thanks,

Yuri

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Hi @U Anand 

From what you described it seems like you can use Advanced Roadmaps, it comes with the enterprise plan though.

Ravi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events