Recursive Issue Search

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2015

I have a situation where issue-1 may be blocked by issue-2 which in turn is blocked by another level of issue-3 (or other project) JIRAs. I need a query for the complete tree. Tried with the following Query but it is not giving complete list of issues.

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\"ISSUE-1\",\"is blocked by\")", "is blocked by")

1 answer

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2015

use

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuefunction in linkedissuesof('key= ISSUE-1','Is Blocked by')","Is Blocked by")

the result will be issue-3

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2015

Can we show Issue-2 also?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2015

if you to show issue 2 you will need to OR it with the outer clause... or wait for a new recursive linkedIssuesOf jql function.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2015

NB - jira doesn't support escaping quotes, you will need to use doubles and single quotes as Udo showed.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2015

Clever use. But I'll wait for the new function. Tell me where to vote

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2015

The new function sound interesting. Thanks again for this awesome plugin, Jamie.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events