It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Recursive Issue Search

srinivasp Feb 11, 2015

I have a situation where issue-1 may be blocked by issue-2 which in turn is blocked by another level of issue-3 (or other project) JIRAs. I need a query for the complete tree. Tried with the following Query but it is not giving complete list of issues.

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\"ISSUE-1\",\"is blocked by\")", "is blocked by")

1 answer

2 votes
Udo Brand Feb 11, 2015

use

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuefunction in linkedissuesof('key= ISSUE-1','Is Blocked by')","Is Blocked by")

the result will be issue-3

srinivasp Feb 12, 2015

Can we show Issue-2 also?

JamieA Feb 12, 2015

if you to show issue 2 you will need to OR it with the outer clause... or wait for a new recursive linkedIssuesOf jql function.

JamieA Feb 12, 2015

NB - jira doesn't support escaping quotes, you will need to use doubles and single quotes as Udo showed.

Clever use. But I'll wait for the new function. Tell me where to vote

Udo Brand Feb 12, 2015

The new function sound interesting. Thanks again for this awesome plugin, Jamie.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Demo Den Ep. 4: Continuous Integration with CircleCI & Jira Software

Get ready! Demo Den Episode 4 is coming your way on Tuesday, May 28, 2018 with a Continuous Integration and Delivery special demo. CircleCI Director of Solutions Engineering, Eddie Webb will show us ...

453 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you