Private channel not showing up in Slack integration

Mikael Witt April 30, 2019

When setting up the Slack integration, the private channel I want to use is not showing. Have added the bot user as user in the channel....any ideas?

Br

/Micke

1 answer

0 votes
Roland Siegel May 12, 2020

Same problem here.

I used the exact same bearer token which is used for the slack integration in jira where I can see the private channels.
It is a problem due to that the private channel belongs to my personal slack account and scriptrunner doesn't have persmission to see private user channels?
I read on the slack integration that you can only see and select private channels of the users which connected their account with the slack-integration.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/slack/using-jira-applications-with-slack-966662163.html

----

How do I set up a project to post notifications into Slack?

In order to connect to any Slack channels you must first confirm access to your Slack account. On the Slack integration screen in Jira (in both Project and Global Admin), you'll see a link to do this under "Connection status" if you haven't done it yet. Clicking this link will take you to a Slack auth link, which will give the app the ability to view your channels.

Once you've completed this step, you should now see "You're accessing Slack as [Your Name]", and should now be able to select private channels from the drop down. Each user who wants to connect their private channels to the Slack integration will need to do this step.

----

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events