Precondition type did not match that of the test

Andrei Loutchouk April 10, 2019

Unable to associate "Generic" Preconditions with "Manual" tests.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe_Hardin June 3, 2020

Old thread, but Andrei is referring to Xray testing add-on. The Jira UI sucks at displaying this error message in cloud (text gets cut off). Jira is saying that the type on the test (e.g. manual, cucumber, etc.) must be the same as the type of the precondition. 

However, the error doesn't make sense in my case because both the test and the precondition are "manual" in my particular scenario (and I'm guessing Andrei's too). 

All that aside, this question should be directed at the xray customer support team, not the atlassian forums. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2019

None of the Atlassian applications use those words.  You're going to need to tell us which App you are using, what Atlassian application it is running on, and what you have configured for it.

Andrei Loutchouk April 14, 2019

Didn't realize I hit submit. Apologies.

Andrei Loutchouk April 14, 2019

Can't remove it, but from TFM:

Each of the Test Types has a Kind, the Kind of the Type of a Precondition must be of the same Kind as the Type of the Test it is associated with.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events