Possible to create more than one user story map per project

Jeroen Vis July 10, 2018

I was wondering if it's possible to create more than one user story map per project. I have a software project with multiple releases this year. Every release has a specific focus on a module. I would like to create a user story map for next release and than another one for the release after that.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

Hi Jeroen, thanks for reaching out.

Easy Agile User Story Maps are created at a 1:1 relationship with Jira agile boards. This means that you can use different board filters to create story maps for each of your individual releases, as well as a holistic one for the entire project.

Thanks Jeroen.

Kind Regards,
Seamus Kieran
Easy Agile Support Team

Deleted user February 1, 2019

Seamus,

I understand how to use filters to feed different boards, but that means the issues have to have some kind of attribute which designates the board to which they belong.  I thought about using labels to designate to which Story Map Board a particular issue belongs, but labels cannot be applied to the stories when the stories are created on the Story Map Board.  Hence, the stories immediately disappear from the Story Map Board as soon as they are created.

Unless I'm missing something, it really only seems feasible to have an exact 1:1 relationship between a Story Map and a JIRA project.

Like PhilB likes this
0 votes
Radim SM December 9, 2018

Versions (Unreleased) are part of the Story Map, so filters or grouping ("version swimlanes") is the best way to see "multiple story maps" in a single one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events