Plugin with doFIlter gived authentication false whereas I am authenticated

Mickael BRIDARD May 20, 2013

Hello,

I have a small problem with my own stash plugin.

I have implemented a doFilter to manage user authentication.

Here is my atlassian-plugin.xml description:

<component-import key="userService" interface="com.atlassian.stash.user.UserService"/>
    <component-import key="userAdminService" interface="com.atlassian.stash.user.UserAdminService"/>
    <component-import key="securityService" interface="com.atlassian.stash.user.SecurityService"/>

<component key="OAuthFilter" class="net.exemple.oauth.authentication.OAuthFilter"/>

<servlet-filter name="OAuth Filter" key="stash-oauth-filter"
                    class="bean:OAuthFilter"
                    location="before-login" weight="10">
        <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
    </servlet-filter>

My doFilter function looks like:

public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response, FilterChain chain)
    	      throws IOException, ServletException {
    	HttpServletRequest req = (HttpServletRequest) request;
    	HttpServletResponse resp = (HttpServletResponse) response;

Boolean standard_authent = false;
		if (req.getParameter("standard-authent") != null) {
			standard_authent = true;
		}

System.out.println("URI => " + req.getRequestURI() + " and Next => " +req.getParameter("next"));
		System.out.println("Is Authenticated ? " + authenticationContext.isAuthenticated() + " with username = " + authenticationContext.getCurrentUser());

if(req.getRequestURI().equals("/stash/login")){
			if( !standard_authent ){
				//I do some stuff to authenticate enduser
				//with the preauthenticate method
			}
		}
	    chain.doFilter(req, resp);
	}

Let's say I type:

http//localohost:7990/stash/login?standard-authent=true

I will then get the standard login form and I enter admin credentials. I access to project the page.

Now If I refresh the projects page, I can see that in the logs:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] URI => /stash/projects and Next => null
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Is Authenticated ? false with username = null
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] URI => /stash/mvc/projects and Next => null
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] URI => /stash/rest/inbox/latest/pull-requests/count and Next => null
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] URI => /stash/plugins/servlet/dev-toolbar and Next => null
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2013-05-21 11:39:47,186 DEBUG [http-bio-7990-exec-18] admin 699x2289x2 1iauojk 172.16.231.139 "GET /rest/inbox/latest/pull-requests/count HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.p.inbox.rest.InboxResource Retrieving pull request count for user Administrator
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] URI => /stash/projects/PROJECT_1/avatar.png and Next => null
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] URI => /stash/mvc/projects/PROJECT_1/avatar.png and Next => null
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] URI => /stash/rest/api/latest/profile/recent/repos and Next => null

Each time I enter in my doFilter I am considered as unauthenticated whereas I can access all pages and I also can see my user loggedin name:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2013-05-21 11:39:47,186 DEBUG [http-bio-7990-exec-18] admin 699x2289x2 1iauojk 172.16.231.139 "GET /rest/inbox/latest/pull-requests/count HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.p.inbox.rest.InboxResource Retrieving pull request count for user Administrator

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help !

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
jhinch _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2013

servlet-filter modules allow you to intercept requests at different parts of the filter change. For the full list and a description of each see the servlet-filter module documentation. In your situation you are using the 'before-login' location which means it will be applied before any of Stash's authentication filters. As a result stash doesn't know that a user is logined in yet for that request.

You may want to investigate using the http-authentication-handler module instead. This has the benefit of allowing you to specify a 'weight' if you would prefer to take lower precedence than Stash's standard authentication.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events