Picture border in Confluence Cloud

Minu Murali January 19, 2021

Hi All,

I know this is silly but is there a way we can give a border to a screenshot attached to a document. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Minu Murali welcome to the confluence cloud community and we are glad to answer your query.

If I understand your query, I believe you would like to give a border to the screenshot pasted in the confluence page? If yes, then please copy-paste the screen shot or an image in the page. The moment the picture is loaded, you would get default options: original, border, small and big arrows buttons etc. If you don't see them, click on the picture to see the tray. Choose "Border to apply".

Screenshot inline for your reference:

confluence border options.png

If my reply addressed your query, kindly upvote and mark "accept answer". This will benefit new members.

Hi Subramanyam,

Thank you for your prompt reply. However I am not getting this option when i click on the picture. My options are Align left, right and center, Wrap left and right, add link, add text and remove.

Capture.PNG

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Minu Murali thank you for the screenshot. The image I posted is a little older version of Confluence which had the border option. However, in the latest version, the border options were removed. 

Work around: At present one of the options available is to use the MS paint or Windows Snip & Sketch to format the screenshot >> add borders>> attach the image to confluence or Jira.

Listed is the ongoing Jira ticket with feedbacks from confluence users sharing their feedbacks on "border" option. If you are interested, please vote your opinion at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68220

If my answer addressed your query, please mark "accept the answer" in the original post.

Like Minu Murali likes this

Thank you but I hope Atlassian brings this feature back.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

Hope so, if maximum users vote for the option in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68220 then Atlassian team might consider. Between thank you for your patience and considering my replies. Have a great day ahead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events