PageTitle macro does not work on HTML export

Reinhard Mayr August 11, 2015

I use the bitvoodoo language plugin 3.0.10 with the pagetitle macro to localize to page title. In confluence 5.7.4 this works nicely.

However, if I export the space to HTML, the page title is not affected by the pagetitle macro. This is very unfortunate, since it is imperative to us that the page title is in the correct language.

Could someone advice me how to achieve that?

Thank you!

Reinhard

2 answers

0 votes
Reinhard Mayr August 11, 2015

Dear Thomas,

thank you for your quick response! Is there any kind of workaround known?

Best,

Reinhard.

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

As far as we know, unfortunately no. Regards, Thomas

0 votes
Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

Hi Reinhard,

Thank you for using our add-on!

Unfortunately, the pagetitle macro does not work either in the HTML nor in the PDF export.

The architecture of Confluence does not support multi-language support of content. Therefore page titles can only be saved in one language. This title is used throughout Confluence, e.g. search, page tree, child pages macro, etc. and, you guessed it, the HTML and PDF exports.

The pagetitle macro works only local in the browser. After the page is loaded, the macro simply changes the title of the page to the one defined in the macro parameter, using JavaScript. When exporting a page, Confluence does not execute the JavaScript and therefore the page title is not changed in the export.

I will update the FAQ in the add-on documentation and will mention, that the macro does not work in exports as well (https://wiki.bitvoodoo.ch/display/DOC/Language+Plugin#LanguagePlugin-FAQ)

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events