Outlook2Jira Addd-in won't activate

ÓskarF January 1, 2013

Hi Team,

I'm trying out this plugin and it'works where I have tried it but it fails on one computer. The Add-in is always inactive and I cannot activate it. If I do it manually through Outlook (checkbox), it always goes back to inactive. I even tried to change the registry value (Load Behavior=3) but with no luck.

I'm using Outlook 2010 on Win7.

Any Ideas?

With best regards,
Óskar

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user January 3, 2013

Good to know. Meanwhile we have checked similar problems and one root cause seems to be obvious:

• most of these cases are related to missing dependencies like .NET, VSTO, etc.
  • the plugin ships with two different installation routines a)*.msi and b)*.exe
    • we recommend to use the *.exe routine for installation
0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

In some cases it turned out that the installer did not install the VSTO-Tools correctly. You can get the VSTO-Tools here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35594

0 votes
Deleted user January 2, 2013

okay, I see. May I ask you to post whether repairing NET 4.5 and restarting fixed the problem.?

ÓskarF January 2, 2013

This is working now so I'm assuming that it is fixed but I will post if not.

0 votes
Deleted user January 2, 2013

Dear Oskar,

currently, we check how to solve our problem. It might happen that we need additional information form you.

Kind regards

Jan from catWorkX

ÓskarF January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking this up, but we seem to solved the problem by running a repair on the .NET 4.5. and restart the machine.

With best regards,

Óskar Friðrik

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events