One E-Mail with all Issues on Sprint Start

Oliver Zabel June 21, 2018

Hi, 

i'm currently testing the Addon and it is rellay nice. However, i was not able to get the following case done, that i need.

I'd like to sent an e-mail when a sprint starts. So far this is no problem, but i'd like to send only one mail with a list of issues. 

I saw the option to only send one mail instead of a mail for each issue, but how can i reference the issues in the mail? is there some kind of loop?

Somehting like:

{{for issue in issues}}

{{issue.key}}

{{endfor}}

?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, 

Oliver

1 answer

0 votes
John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 24, 2018

Hey Oliver, 

thanks for your message here. Glad you are enjoying using Automation for Jira so far! 

Assuming you are a Server user (as the answer below won't work for Cloud users), you can indeed make it so you only receive one email. 

In the action 'send email' you will see an option called 'Execute in bulk'  

From there, you were pretty close with your smart values. You could use something like:

{{#issues}}{{key}}{{/}}

This will essentially go over each issue in the list and print out the key. You could also do the same for summary, etc

{{#issues}}{{summary}}{{/}}

Let me know if you have any issues with this.

Cheers,

John 

Oliver Zabel June 25, 2018

Hi John, thanks for your reply! Is this documented somewhere? Cause i read through the docs but did not find it.

Thanks again, 

best regards, 

Oliver

BTW: We wil buy the Addon :)

John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2018

Hi Oliver, 

Thanks in advance for buying the add-on!

We do have docs about smart values here:

https://docs.codebarrel.io/automation/smart-fields/extracting-issue-data.html

However, there are almost unlimited use cases so sometimes it can be tricky with smart values to find exactly what you need. We are always trying to add new and better docs though so will add this to my list! 

Cheers,

John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events