Number of hours is being displayed for a scripted field instead of date

Swarna Radha June 15, 2015

Hi Jamie,

I have tried the scriptsto display the date for a particular transition first happened to an issue.

It seems to be working fine when i have previewed it. But when i opened the  same issue, instead on showing the date, it displays the number of hours on field "Date Transition"

Could you please advice me on the above.

6-15-2015 4-16-54 PM.jpg

6-15-2015 4-20-32 PM.jpg

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Swarna Radha

Team Lead Agile

Rubric Quality Consultants

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Wiegand
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2015

Feel free to vote for my suggestion https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-45928 which contains making displaying of date time configurable (on/off per custom field configuration).

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

I've gotten a little more familiar with Script Runner, and I'm sure the original author of the question could accomplish this with Script Runner's Custom Template option, as well as the velocity format tools. But yes, I voted for your JRA issue.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

I have a feeling that is just how the Date/Time fields are displayed in JIRA.

Swarna Radha June 15, 2015

Thanks for your answer

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2015

No problem. It looks like it's a feature you can turn off in it's entirety by following this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Disable+Relative+Dates+in+JIRA But it is not something you control per field. A workaround could be to script a Text Field instead but that seems hacky to me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events