Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not allow child Issues to Link to a parent with a closed status

Jira 8.13

Is there a way to Not allow child Issues to link to a parent with a closed status?

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan Lima Community Leader Apr 03, 2021

Hi @Nannette Mori, you can use workflow properties. There is a similar question that has been answered here. You may need to coordinate the workflows with the issue types you want to restrict the linkage.

The property below should do the trick.

jira.permission.link.group.1=some-group-one

Cheers,

IL.

adding Jira.permission.link.group = some group did not work.  I added this to the workflow properties at the done transition of the Feature.  I created a story and it still allowed me to pick a Feature in the Done state as the Parent Link.

Ivan Lima Community Leader Apr 05, 2021

Hi @Nannette Mori, you should add the property to the step (status), not the transition. This might be the reason why you haven't gotten it to work yet.

Sorry I did add it to the step (Status) not the transition

Ivan Lima Community Leader Apr 05, 2021

Right, so let me take a step back. I'm referring to the issue linking, but you mentioned child issues and the Parent Link, an Advanced Roadmaps' custom field in Jira. Is this the one you are referring to? If so, you will need an app/add-on to help you to achieve this.

Like Stephanie Seymour likes this
0 votes

Hi @Nannette Mori,

I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to do this. At best you could maybe create some scripting rule that was triggered off parent assignment and then validate that the parent was not resolved (and remove the parent link if it was) - but you'd need some 3rd party application like ScriptRunner for this. 

Regards,

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - April 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

273 views 3 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you