Not allow child Issues to Link to a parent with a closed status

Nannette Mori April 1, 2021

Jira 8.13

Is there a way to Not allow child Issues to link to a parent with a closed status?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Nannette Mori,

I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to do this. At best you could maybe create some scripting rule that was triggered off parent assignment and then validate that the parent was not resolved (and remove the parent link if it was) - but you'd need some 3rd party application like ScriptRunner for this. 

Regards,

Dave

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2021

Hi @Nannette Mori, you can use workflow properties. There is a similar question that has been answered here. You may need to coordinate the workflows with the issue types you want to restrict the linkage.

The property below should do the trick.

jira.permission.link.group.1=some-group-one

Cheers,

IL.

Nannette Mori April 5, 2021

adding Jira.permission.link.group = some group did not work.  I added this to the workflow properties at the done transition of the Feature.  I created a story and it still allowed me to pick a Feature in the Done state as the Parent Link.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Nannette Mori, you should add the property to the step (status), not the transition. This might be the reason why you haven't gotten it to work yet.

Nannette Mori April 5, 2021

Sorry I did add it to the step (Status) not the transition

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

Right, so let me take a step back. I'm referring to the issue linking, but you mentioned child issues and the Parent Link, an Advanced Roadmaps' custom field in Jira. Is this the one you are referring to? If so, you will need an app/add-on to help you to achieve this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events