Need script on workflow postfunction, to calculate the formula

U Sravani September 24, 2019

field A = Custom number field,

field B =Custom number field

Want to update field C= (A-B)/B on a workflow transition.

Can someone help on this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

something like this (if field A and B are required somewhere before, you can remove the if block) :

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager
def customFieldA = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectsByName("field A")[0]
def customFieldB = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectsByName("field B")[0]
def customFieldC = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectsByName("field C")[0]

def valueA = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldA)
def valueB = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldB)

if (!valueA || !valueB) {
return
}

def valueC = (valueA - valueB) / valueB

issue.setCustomFieldValue(customFieldC, valueC) 
U Sravani September 24, 2019

Thanks A lot...….!

This is working for me.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

There are several examples of calculations in ScriptRunner at https://library.adaptavist.com/search?q=calculate 

I would also think about using a scripted field to do it - this would mean the field would always be updated and valid without you needing to do a calculation on every post-function and write an additional listener to catch "field B or A have changed during an edit operation".

Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

wish I found out about this library sooner

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

We've had it for a while (maybe a year?  I can't remember exactly) and when it started out, we only had a few scripts.  It's been steadily growing, and I mention it more and more because it's now usually got something that's a good starting point for a lot of more complex scripts!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events