Need help in understanding Scroll Viewport Theme Setup

Pranjal Shukla July 20, 2018
I see various companies SVP themed sites on K15T website, namely of SAP and CA software etc. I have come of questions.

1. Is landing page of those sites has been made with different theme and a separate theme for viewing confluence pages.

2. If the above is true, does it mean that two spaces were used, one for home/ landing page and all others are product specific document spaces.

3. Can single theme have different design for Space Homepage and different design other child pages of home?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 23, 2018

Hi Pranjal,

thank you for your questions.

1. It depends how CA and SAP managed their Confluence pages. A theme in Scroll Viewport is always applied to one space, but you are free on how you want to style the theme around your Confluence content.
  2. No, you won't have to do that, you can build a website around your Confluence content and so you can build whole new custom pages within your theme, like a landing page. Scroll Viewport allows you to use any kind of web-technology as well.
  3. Yes, this is possible. You can style your Website the way you want. As mentioned above, you can create custom websites where each page would look completely different from each other. So for example, you could create a landing page and apply to the children pages a whole other style.

I hope this is answering your questions. If you have more questions or if you need more details, please let me know.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best,

Steffen

Gloria Rasmussen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2023

Hi @Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ 

I am trying to implement point 3 - I administrate one space on a site and want to customize a specific child page to stand out from the rest of the space; can you explain how to do this with only Scroll Viewport? 

The only thing I can find that relates to how 3. can be done requires purchase of another app: Scroll Document.

I want to make a child page in a completely different look to the viewport theme for the space (different color scheme, no side menu, different header text), but I can't find any option to customize styling and HideElements on a page-level.

Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2023

Hi @Gloria Rasmussen

I assume you are using Scroll Viewport for Confluence Cloud?

If so you should find in the theme editor > templates an option called "custom css". You can add your changes you want to make to the theme here.
If you want to change the theme just for one particular page you just need to grab additionally the css selector: [pageid="12345"] which you can find on the body element. 12345 = the page id of your page.

Here is the official documentation about injecting custom css into your help center theme.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steffen

Like Gloria Rasmussen likes this
Gloria Rasmussen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2023

Thanks @Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_; we're not running on Confluence Cloud. Is that why I don't have the templates option? Or is that function something I need to ask my site administrator to give me access rights to?

themeeditor.JPG

Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
March 8, 2023

Hi @Gloria Rasmussen

ah ok, on Server or Data Center this works a bit different to inject custom CSS. Here you need to create/upload a file called "custom.css" to make this work but it is available.
The rest of my provided information above (e.g. the CSS selector) stays the same.

Cheers,
Steffen

Like Gloria Rasmussen likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events