Migration from X-ray to Zephyr

Mohamed A Siddig
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 28, 2022

Our company is planning to switch from Xray to Zephyr. I am looking to see if we can easily migrate all X-ray related issue types from Xray to Zephyr including existing test data.

Thanks for your help

3 answers

0 votes
Brad Peterson November 10, 2022

Hello @Mohamed A Siddig

The easiest way to migrate from Jira Xray to Jira Zephyr is by using a third-party migration tool. OpsHub is an excellent option that can help you to achieve this migration. OpsHub, an Atlassian partner, has experience in undertaking complex migration projects, ensuring zero downtime, no data loss, data Integrity, and full ownership of the migration process which can be an excellent choice for your use case. It supports the migration of entities including Test, Test Plan, Test Execution, Test Set, etc., from Jira Xray to the corresponding entities Test, Test Cycle, and Test Execution, etc. on Jira Zephyr.

OpsHub also takes care of the following use cases:

1. Preservation of Institutional Knowledge: OpsHub preserves historical knowledge of test data. 
  2. Non-disruptive Migration: Migration can cause massive disruptions to operations by not letting users use X-Ray while the migration is going on. Often the cost of disruption can dominate all other direct and hidden costs. OpsHub minimizes disruption to all aspects of current operations.

Please reach out to OpsHub’s Migration Experts for an initial free consultation on migration planning. 

Thanks

Brad

0 votes
Kevin Rice
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 9, 2022

I'm in the process of evaluating Xray and Zephyr. What is your reason for switching to Zephyr? What did you like/dislike about Xray? Thank you. 

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

It will depend if you are talking about Zephyr Squad or Scale. They are different applications.

Just only worked with Xray to  Zephyr Scale. You can only export and import test cases. Test Execution maybe possible via API but you will need to build your own scrip for this.

-Ben 

Mohamed A Siddig
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 29, 2022

Thanks for your replay, Ben!

I am referring to Zephyr Squad. 

Also, I'm curious if the X-ray and Zephyr Squad Jira issue types map one to one, and if there will be any loss of information or documents when migrating all of the Xray related issue types to Zephyr (i.e. test results docs, test scenarios as we are using Cucumber test-type, and any historical-data i.e. who changes what?)

Thank you!

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

I'm not sure about Zephyr Squad but in Zephyr Scale...only test cases can be map one-to-one. Would recommend contacting Smartbear to under the detail caveats that entail. That's what I did when migrating over to Zephyr Scale from Xray and they were very helpful in this regard.

-Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events