Migration from Pivotal Tracker to Jira cloud

hitesh kumar dewangan December 13, 2017

I am aware that JIRA does support migration from pivotal to JIRA cloud. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-pivotal-tracker-776636750.html

I need to migrate some of my pivotal project to JIRA, I am facing two major issues. 

1. Attachments : There is no way to migrate attachment to JIRA

2.  Story sub task : I have around 5-10 projects which would have many stories, multiple task. It would be tedious task to create new row for each story. Let me know if any other alternate solution for this.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2017

Hi Hitesh,

I took a look at the Pivotal documentation and here's what I see in regards to quesiton 1:

• File attachments (including Google Drive attachments), project history, and story history are not included in the exported file.

In regards to question 2, you may be able to create a script to pull data from Pivotal and create the rows for you. 

Cheers,

Branden

hitesh kumar dewangan December 14, 2017

What kind of script ? could you explain more, on how to bring those task column to rows as issue(subtask type)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events