Metadata Addon - Can USER type fields trigger notifications?

Thomas Klaghofer-Heinzle April 12, 2022

Although the values for a USER field look like a mention ("@personxy"), they do not trigger an notification. I would be useful if I could configure the Metadata Addon to do that. 

Especially if the users compare the Metadata features to page properties, this is a big difference, forcing some of our users to stick with page properties.

1 answer

0 votes
Almuth Boehme _Communardo_ April 27, 2022

Hi @Thomas Klaghofer-Heinzle

Thanks for reaching out! Could you tell us a little more about the context in which you would like to trigger a user mention in our Metadata for Confluence app?

We have not considered this feature so far because for most use cases, it would result in spam for anybody mentioned in a user Metadata field (which could be simply a field like "responsible person" or "contact person").

If you prefer, feel free to reach out to us via support issue: https://jira.communardo.de/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Best

Almuth

Communardo Support

Thomas Klaghofer-Heinzle April 27, 2022

Hello @Almuth Boehme _Communardo_ , Thank you for your feedback! 

Just like a regular @-mention in Confluence pages does not spam the people mentioned, this would rather be an important notification that someone added me as the "responsible person". Notifications should be triggered on initial setting of a name or on changes of the respective field.

If you want to make it super-sexy, you provide an option to turn notifications on or off ;) But in most of our cases, a notification would be more helpful than harmful.

Best regards,

Thomas

Franz Reichard _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

Hello @Thomas Klaghofer-Heinzle ,

thank you for bringing up the background information.

We have already received a similar request and I have voted for it on your behalf over here.
(If you experience any problems accessing that ticket, please log out of Service Desk or open the ticket in a private browser window.)

We take these requests very seriously. The comments they receive (like the one I just created) help us to gauge public interest and assist us in allocating resources for future development.

Thank you for using our app.

If you have further questions or support requests you can also contact our support directly.

Regards

Franz
Communardo Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events