Managing Required Fields

Elizabeth Thomas March 4, 2024

Hey guys!

I'd like to make the `Components` field a required field, but not have it be required across every single issue type in my project. 

Currently, I have the field as required, but when I go to create a `Task` issue type, I get an error message stating that the `Components` field is required.

When I remove the field from the `Task Screen`, I still get the required message on ticket creation, but the field is no where to be seen. 

Is it possible to leave the field as required, but have it only be required for a single issue type. Bugs for example.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2024

Hi @Elizabeth Thomas 

It is possible via field configuration scheme.

Create a new scheme from Settings -> Issues -> Field Configuration scheme. 

Associate the Default Field Configuration with issue types for which the Components field should not be required.

Create new Field Configuration for Bugs and mark Components as required. Then associate to Bug issue types.

Finally, associate newly created Field Configuration Scheme to project from Project Settings -> Issues -> Fields.

Please check this page: Specify field behavior

Elizabeth Thomas March 5, 2024

Thank you so much! This was very helpful!

I also ended up finding this youtube tutorial just incase that helps anyone else!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events