LucidChart Diagrams Connector and Licenses

Andrei Antonescu May 4, 2023

So I understand you need to get a LucidCharts subscription separately, with the Team or Enterprise tier, for this to work. The question I have is, does everyone on your Confluence need to have a license of LucidCharts to see the diagrams/charts that are connected or embededed in Confluence? Or just the ones who are working with and editing them? I assume it's the latter, but just wanted to check.

1 answer

1 vote
Bastian -drawio Diagrams-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2023

Hey Andrei.

To answer your question: Lucidchart offers a connector to their standalone tool, so the result that is pushed to Confluence can be viewed by any Confluence user.

I am speaking for draw.io, one of the embedded diagramming and whiteboarding solutions for Confluence and Jira. I like to give you some additional information on the difference between floating subscriptions outside the Atlassian Marketplace and the native apps that are tied to the overall Confluence/Jira user tier. A lot of people that approach us focus on the benefits of floating subscriptions alone, but please also keep in mind:

- Native apps have to be purchased for the entire user count of Confluence/Jira, but the per-user pricing is therefore very attractive compared to standalone versions.

- Often, the total cost is similar (you can calculate the cost from the Atlassian Marketplace easily), but instead of only 20 people, 500 users can visualize and collaborate on ideas (which is a huge benefit).

- An important fact is that all your information is stored inside the Atlassian ecosystem if you decide on an embedded solution (and if compliance is happy, everybody is happy).

I don't mean to shout out a marketing statement for draw.io - you know best which solution you like to go for. I like to make sure that you have the complete set of background information when you make your decision.

Take care :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events