I am looking for Asset Management solution that can cater to our organization needs
Define Asset Classification and Ownership (As per organization's Information Classification Policy)
Asset should be trackable with Unique ID generated by the product
Hey :) I suggest you have a look at STAGIL Assets for Jira: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215311/stagil-assets-advanced-links?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview
Some of the features:
Hi Rajat Gupta,
There are a couple of products from ManageEngine that'll be a cut out for your organization - AssetExplorer and Desktop Central. Here's a quick rundown of both the products:
ManageEngine Asset Explorer
360-degree IT asset management
1. Holistic management IT and non-IT assets, along with the product and vendor details.
2. Seamless management by grouping assets.
Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
1. Centralized repository to track and manage assets in your network.
2. Establish and maintain relationships between these assets, using a relationship map.
Software Asset Management
1. Obtain complete visibility over the software installations based on the purchased licenses.
2. Make well-informed decisions for procuring new licenses by monitoring the software usage.
3. Ensure compliance at all times by tracking over licensed applications.
Manage purchase order (PO) and contracts
1. Manage contract with different vendors and automatically receive alerts before renewal.
2. Purchase order management helps to define the GL code and the cost center information for the assets.
End-to-end ITAM anytime, anywhere
1. Discover, manage, and track all your hardware and software assets from anywhere with the mobile app.
2. Use a barcode or QR code to import multiple assets at once, and fetch asset details.
ManageEngine Desktop Central
Comprehensive IT asset management
1. Periodic asset scan yields complete information associated with each IT asset such as user accounts, user groups, and services.
2. Categorize software for effortless management
3. Gain insights into antivirus, BitLocker, firewall, and FileVault.
Prevent application-based cyberattacks
1. Detect the presence of malicious executables and block them automatically.
2. Ensure compliance and productivity by prohibiting the usage of blacklisted applications and uninstalling them automatically.
Software and hardware inventory management
1. Manage different hardware vendors and the corresponding warranties.
2. Ensure software license compliance based on the software usage.
Real-time IT asset management
1. Receive dynamic alerts for available disk space and expiry of certificates.
2. Be notified for every minute change in the hardware and software inventory.
Predefined audit-ready reports
1. Hardware reports such as hardware by age, by device type, by manufacturer, etc.
2. Software reports such as software by usage, product keys, user-specific software, etc.
3. User reports for user account details such as local accounts, disabled accounts, etc.
4. Security reports on antivirus, BitLocker, TPM, firewall and FileVault.
5. Certificate reports on expired certificates, soon-to-expire certificates, etc.
6. License and warranty based reports for renewal and expiry.
7. Custom reports for customized generation of inventory reports.
AssetExplorer does not integrate with Jira, however, Desktop Central integrates with Jira and AssetExplorer. You can avail a free 30-day trial of both the products: https://www.manageengine.com/products/desktop-central/download.html and https://www.manageengine.com/products/asset-explorer/download.html.
Please feel free to drop a line for any further clarifications.
I suggest you Assets and Inventory Plugin for Jira (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211849/assets-and-inventory-plugin-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview).
In general it has following features:
To answer you expectations:
1. Track complete Asset Lifecycle (From Asset Introduction to assignment to retrieval to transfer to stock to disposal).
- AIP app has flexible design. You can define any attribute to track such as Purchase Date, End Data, Status, Price, Count,etc.. And with asset post functions you can set the values automatically
2. Define Asset Classification and Ownership (As per organization's Information Classification Policy)
- You can define Asset List type for classification and User attribute to achieve this.
3. Asset should be trackable with Unique ID generated by the product
- Each asset has a unique Asset Id. Also you can define external Id attribute if you sync assets with an external CMDB tool.
4. Cater both domain and non-domain assets
- Any object can be defined as asset.
5. Integrate with all kind of Change requests (so that we have good CMDB)
- Can be attached to any Jira project including Jira Service Desk (customer portal). Any type of object can be defined as an asset such as Laptop, Server, Service Catalog, Software, People, vehicles, etc..
6. Manage and track software Assets also (License Management & open source software)
- Sure, you can define software assets and define software specific attributes. (I need to clarify that, our app does not scan network to track or manage softwares or devices)
7. Support Vendor Management as well (aka Service based Assets)
- Vendors and assets that assigned to vendors can be tracked too. Also with permissions, you can define WHO can do WHAT with assets
8. Comply and respect privacy policies of the organization
- Asset permission schemes let you manage privacy. For example if you need "price" is important, you can define Price asset type, bind it to other Asset types (for example Licences) -> some group of users can see licences but they will not see prices..
Please note that, I'm one of the folks behind Snapbytes, and there might be other solutions on Atlassian Marketplace as well.
There is nothing better than having everyone in the same room for PI, tribe or big room planning. But it’s not easy, it’s expensive and not everyone can travel. Kendis offers solution,...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events