Jira Tempo Worksheets: report time spent on all issues

Artur Shokin March 12, 2014

Hi, Profies,

do somebody know how to report the time spend on all issues in one report?

like:

issue 1 - 10 h
issue 2 - 12 h
issue n - 20 h

I cannot find how to do it. It only posiblle to see the time spent on each issue by choosing the issue from ther dropbox. But I have at lease 50 issues to report. I dont want to click all the issues one by one.

Thanks,

Artur

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

This is not supported in our current Tempo Timesheets version. We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better, so if you have a feature request, please create an issue in our Atlassian JIRA (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT).
Other users with similar requests can vote on these issues and contribute by adding comments that will help Tempo developers implement the request.

0 votes
Artur Shokin March 14, 2014

I've kinda found the way to do it.

I had converted all my tasks to sub-task and assigned them to the dummy root task.

Then I went to tempo->issue and chosen the dummy root task. Then clicked on the checkbox "include sub-task". After that I've got the report I need.

Still a question: can I do it without the tasks being converted to sub-tasks?

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Hi Artur,

to get a report for chosen issues, you can create a JIRA filter and use it in the Advanced Timesheet. When in the Report view of this timesheet, you can use the Excel export. Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO078/Advanced+Timesheet for more details.

In case you want to export all worklogs over a period, you can use the Tempo servlet. Here you can create a XML export of all worklogs and add details to your report. (See also https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO078/Tempo+Servlet+Manual)

Kind regards

Susanne

Artur Shokin March 14, 2014

Hi, Susanne,

thanks for a quick answer. Nevertherless the shown possibility using the filter, uses the Person as a root.

For the time bein I'm not interested in how much time the members of my team invest in each of their task, but rather to check how much time did my team spent on the task.

For example:

I'm planing the implementation of some module with 40 days of effort. As as project manager I'd like to know how much time did we spent on this task. It does not matter how many people were working on it.

What tempo gives me at the moment is following report (simplified)

Artur Shokin

Implementation - 20 h

Test           - 5 h

John Doe

Implementation - 10 h

What I'd like to have (an I think it would be great if tempo could do it) is following report:

Implementation - 30 h

Test           - 5 h

By the means of this report a project manager can track the progress of the project or budget spent on the tasks.

Do you think tempo can do it in one way or another?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Artur

ps. I've managed to get the report I need using the servlet->download as excel->some manipulations with excel.

But stil the manipulations in excel isn't fun. The report in tempo would be much better and safer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events