Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Service Desk / Smart Checklist Add On - Using templates / issue fields in automation

We are using Jira Service Desk automation to create sub-tasks for a specific issue type. The automation creates checklists within some of the subtasks.

I currently add all the lines of the checklist to the 'Checklists' field and it works correctly.

Two questions:

1) Is there a way to instead use a Smart Checklist saved as a template in the automation. This would make management of our checklist content a lot easier.

2) Is there a way to use a field from the parent issue within the checklist? An example: We have custom fields for the various team members in our parent task (i.e. project-manager.) It would be great if I could put the contents of the project-manager field into my checklist so that the name of the project manager appears on the checklist line showing that line belongs to that person.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

1) Is there a way to instead use a Smart Checklist saved as a template in the automation. This would make management of our checklist content a lot easier.

There's no way to do this at the moment. 

2) Is there a way to use a field from the parent issue within the checklist? An example: We have custom fields for the various team members in our parent task (i.e. project-manager.) It would be great if I could put the contents of the project-manager field into my checklist so that the name of the project manager appears on the checklist line showing that line belongs to that person.

You should be able to use smart values like {{issue.parent.Project manager}} in your subtask 

See https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-smart-values/ for more info on smart values 

THANK YOU! I will give up using the template, and will try the smart value approach you mention.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

711 views 7 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you