Jira Service Desk / Smart Checklist Add On - Using templates / issue fields in automation

Robin Raben December 8, 2020

We are using Jira Service Desk automation to create sub-tasks for a specific issue type. The automation creates checklists within some of the subtasks.

I currently add all the lines of the checklist to the 'Checklists' field and it works correctly.

Two questions:

1) Is there a way to instead use a Smart Checklist saved as a template in the automation. This would make management of our checklist content a lot easier.

2) Is there a way to use a field from the parent issue within the checklist? An example: We have custom fields for the various team members in our parent task (i.e. project-manager.) It would be great if I could put the contents of the project-manager field into my checklist so that the name of the project manager appears on the checklist line showing that line belongs to that person.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2020

1) Is there a way to instead use a Smart Checklist saved as a template in the automation. This would make management of our checklist content a lot easier.

There's no way to do this at the moment. 

2) Is there a way to use a field from the parent issue within the checklist? An example: We have custom fields for the various team members in our parent task (i.e. project-manager.) It would be great if I could put the contents of the project-manager field into my checklist so that the name of the project manager appears on the checklist line showing that line belongs to that person.

You should be able to use smart values like {{issue.parent.Project manager}} in your subtask 

See https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-smart-values/ for more info on smart values 

Robin Raben January 6, 2021

THANK YOU! I will give up using the template, and will try the smart value approach you mention.

0 votes
Olena Brazhko_Railsware_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2022

Hi @Robin Raben 

That has been some time!

Indeed, this is something Smart Checklist cannot offer right this moment. However, we are looking into presenting the possibility to add templates while setting the Automation sometime soon (in the nearest quarters).

Keep up with the progress by Watching App on our page.

Cheers,

Olena

0 votes
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Robin Raben 

I wanted just to make a point that you will be able to achieve this with Issue Checklist Free app. Now you are able to create Checklist template named exactly as your label and it will be automatically added to an issue where label is added on. It might help you automate different use cases that involve adding checklist to an issue. For details you can refer to our documentation here.

Regards,

Gracjan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events