Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Cloud for Slack Integration for priority level, other fields Edited

I'm currently using Jira Cloud for Slack in the Slack Marketplace to allow for easier issue creation on Slack, but it's quite limited (thanks for being a free plugin, though).

One issue that I'm coming across is that the priority is always defaulted to High:

jira-slack-creation.png

The question is, I'm not sure if it's possible:

• to default the level of priority or if there are any plans to allow for priority adjustments when creating the issue on Slack
  • and if more fields can be added (e.g. Parent Epic) when we create an issue from Slack

On a side note as well, by using /jira create on Slack tags an additional line to the description field in the connected Jira board ("Issue created in Slack using /jira create.") -- this feels unnecessary to me as the end user himself...

2 answers

Hi Kyle Yeo,

did you find a solution for this in the end (the priority thing)?

Kind regards,

David

Hey @Santiago David

Nope, seems like this is and will still be a very barebones Add-on for Slack.

You might have better luck with other paid Add-ons, though.

Best of luck!

Kyle

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Sep 18, 2020

Hi @Kyle Yeo , @Santiago David !

I wanted to let you know that there is some traction on a feature request to add more than just the summary and description fields to issues created in Jira from Slack, using the official Atlassian-provided integration. You can follow along on the feature request on our public Jira instance: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-157 

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

284 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you