Jira Cloud for Slack Integration for priority level, other fields

Kyle Yeo September 25, 2019

I'm currently using Jira Cloud for Slack in the Slack Marketplace to allow for easier issue creation on Slack, but it's quite limited (thanks for being a free plugin, though).

One issue that I'm coming across is that the priority is always defaulted to High:

jira-slack-creation.png

The question is, I'm not sure if it's possible:

• to default the level of priority or if there are any plans to allow for priority adjustments when creating the issue on Slack
  • and if more fields can be added (e.g. Parent Epic) when we create an issue from Slack

On a side note as well, by using /jira create on Slack tags an additional line to the description field in the connected Jira board ("Issue created in Slack using /jira create.") -- this feels unnecessary to me as the end user himself...

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2020

Hi @Kyle Yeo , @Santiago David !

I wanted to let you know that there is some traction on a feature request to add more than just the summary and description fields to issues created in Jira from Slack, using the official Atlassian-provided integration. You can follow along on the feature request on our public Jira instance: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-157 

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Santiago David September 18, 2020

Hi Kyle Yeo,

did you find a solution for this in the end (the priority thing)?

Kind regards,

David

Kyle Yeo September 18, 2020

Hey @Santiago David

Nope, seems like this is and will still be a very barebones Add-on for Slack.

You might have better luck with other paid Add-ons, though.

Best of luck!

Kyle

Santiago David September 22, 2020

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events