Jira Automation - Copy Only Certain Labels

Ben Anderson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 3, 2024

Is there a better way to do this automation? I want to copy labels from one ticket to another, but only if the label begins with "RC_". The solution I came up with works, but it's quite janky in a couple different ways.

Jira.png

After branching to the desired ticket and making sure it's the correct type, I do an advanced edit to copy the labels from the trigger issue. The first bit of jank is that I can't use the standard `{{^last}} ,{{/}}` trick, because the last value in the list may not start with "RC_", meaning that commas are not guaranteed to line up. Instead, I made it add the "tempLabel" every time, then have a subsequent step to remove that tempLabel.

The second bit of jankiness is that I couldn't find a way to get the label value inside the loop through the list. I found that using {{substring(0)}} gave the full string, but there must be a better way to get the full value without having to call any functions.

Is there a better way to accomplish this goal without these two weird workarounds?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events