Javascript "includes" not working in xporter template

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

Hi Community,

help needed. xPorter "syntax" is driving me crazy. I have a field that contains the country shortcut (like eg. AT for Austria, DE for Deutschland, ....).

I would like to check/report, if it´s a member of the EU and print this in my report. But xporter is driving me nuts and doesn´t allow any of my ideas.....

Here is my most prefered idea:

${set(EU,‘AT,DE,IT,BR,GR’)}

EU-Mitglied? : %{‘${EU}’.split(‘,’).includes(‘AT’) ? ‘Ja’ : ‘Nein'}

Unfortunately it doesn´t print anything....

Best
Stefan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2024

so obviously xporter just says "use javascript" but doesn´t allow plain/whole functionality of javascript. fun fact: They don´t explicitly mention what is possible and what isn´t.

In general the documentation is really bad and unstructured AND even outdated (official docu pages from ! 2018 !)

as (obviously) using .include() method is not allowed I solved this with a ternary operater using OR-condition-chaining. Not the most beautiful way but at least it does what it should:

%{ ‘${Land}’.equals(‘AT’) || ‘${Land}’.equals(‘DE’) ? ‘Ja’ : ‘Nein'}

(the variable 'Land' is set before from issue data)

Hope this is also helpful for other users.

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events