JMWE Cloud - copy transition screen comments and attachments to linked issues

David Maurel January 23, 2023

Hi,

Well, the title says it all : I have trouble to know exactly how to implement that specific post-function with JMWE Cloud.

I use the "Set issue fields" post-function. Target issues are ok, I fetch the linked issues list.

But to specify the correct fields to be set, "transition's comments" and "transition's attachments" don't exist (unlike other similar add-ons). In JIRA Server I used ${transientVars.comment} and getTransitionAttachments(), but I am not sure what to do now in Cloud version...

Can anyone help me with that ?

Thanks

David

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

Hi @David Maurel ,

you can use the "Copy comments to related issues (JMWE app)" post-function to copy the transition comment to linked issues. As for attachments, unfortunately there is no way to identify attachments that were added on the transition screen (Jira Cloud doesn't make that available). The workaround is to filter attachments based on their creation timestamp.

However, if you're interested in copying attachments that were inserted in the transition comment, you can use the "Copy comments to related issues (JMWE app)" post-function as well, it has an option for that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events