JIRA automation: inheritance of fields

yannick ginestet March 20, 2018

Hi,

i try to do a simple inheritance operation via Automation, as we cannot request it at JIRA admin level.

I would like to put in the created issue the Fix Version, Components and Labels from its parent.

Even if I put the "copy from  parent", nothing happens.

I tried with : EPIC(parent) and US, Initiatives(Parent) and EPIC without sucess.

I tried with : US (parent) and Substask: it is working.

Question is: how could we set the parent link to be understood by Automation ?

Hope it is clear.

CheersCapture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

Hi Yannick,

So is the issue that you're creating a "sub-task" already of another issue? In that case this should work?

Or is this some other kind of issue.  "parent" in the scenario above refers to the parent issue of a sub-task in Jira specifically and will only work if the issue you're creating is a sub-task that's been created with a parent issue in place already.

Hope that helps. If this doesn't make sense, then please raise a support case via https://codebarrel.io/support and include screenshots of the created issue and your rule audit log with 'Show more' expanded.

Cheers,
Andreas

yannick ginestet March 23, 2018

Thanks for your answer.

I'll log a ticket in this forum.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events