JIRA Tempo add-on: import field Account in CSV for wolk logs

rambo blood July 10, 2018

Tempo add-on gives us the possibility to have custom field Account at work logs (with JIRA default worklog is turned off), so we have added two Accounts (one for internal and one for external activities) to each JIRA project, and now logging work with this Account field as required field. Next im Timesheet we use this two Accounts for split hours spent internally and externally for projects.

But some projects need this work logs not to be manually added but imported from csv-file. We had prepared such-one csv-file (as described here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html ) and next imported it successfully. But custom field Account has no data at all for these work logs. So possibility to split imported that way work logs is lost...

Maybe i am wrong , but I think there should be possible to add more additional parameters for work logs at csv for pointing to Account somewhere here:

Your CSV file can contain worklog entries. For example:

Summary,Worklog
Only time spent (one hour),3600
With a date and an author,2012-02-10 12:30:10;wseliga;120
With an additional comment,Testing took me 3 days;2012-02-10 12:30:10;wseliga;259200

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

Hi Rambo,

When importing a worklog, you are using the JIRA log work functionality which does not support the Account field.

It is not possible to import worklogs directly into Tempo, but they can be created via API, including the Account information (if Account is used as work attribute). information about the available REST Apis can be found on https://tempo-io.github.io/tempo-api-docs.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

rambo blood July 10, 2018

Thanks a lot for the answer Susanne!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events