JIRA Structure add "extend via linked issues" to other projects doesnt work

Christopher Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2021

Hi Folks 

I am loving the JIRA structure plugin to create more navigable trees etc over the wide-scale hierarchy of items in my organisation. I use "Extend" with Stories under Epics AND Linked Issues (generally using Association link or sometimes Parent->Child between initiatives and Epics). But when I have an assocation to a JIRA item in another Jira project (in same JIRA instance) it doesnt show up where I would expect it to (according to the Extender). Anybody have any ideas - have I hit some limitation?

Regards

Chris

2 answers

1 vote
Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Christopher Smith ,

Dmitrii with ALM Works here (Structure team :) ).

I would like to take a closer look at your setup. To avoid sharing a sensitive data, you can contact us directly by e-mailing to support@almworks.com.

Kind regards,

Dmitrii

ALM Works

1 vote
Holden Matan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2021

Hi Chris,

The associate item from a different project, will be presented below the linked item from the first project.

Do you see the linked item in a different place?

Can you clarify what do you mean by:

"it doesn't show up where I would expect it to (according to the Extender)"

Perhaps a screenshot of the generators and the structure hierarchy could help to understand your case.

Regards,

Matan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events