JIRA/Git integration plugin - What to do when the JIRA ticket is missing from the commit comment?

Omara Williams August 23, 2018

Hi there

I am using the very useful JIRA/Git Integration plugin. I can see all the history of the Git commits but if and only if the JIRA ticket number is added in the commit comments.

Once the commit has been pushed to  master, it is impossible to update the comment, so if the developer forgets to add the JIRA ticket number then we have no history of that change in the JIRA issue.

Is there a way to refer to  the commit in the JIRA issue if the developer forgets to add the JIRA ticket number in the commit comment?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Omara

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark L. Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2018

Hello Omara,

1. On Git for Jira Cloud, you can edit the association directly through the UI.
  2. On Git for Jira Server, you'll also be able to edit the association directly starting with version 2.16.x (should be out in early September).
  3. On Git for Jira Server today, you can add a git note to the commit referencing issue keys and then that will make the association.

-Mark

0 votes
Omara Williams August 24, 2018

Hi Mark

Thanks very much for your clear and helpful answer

I tried point 3 and it worked great

Looking forward to new releases from the plugin...

REgards

Omara

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events