It is possible to hide or remove the share with field

Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor September 8, 2022

Hello team,

Need your help to find out how to hide or remove the "Share Field" from the formularies.

screenshot8.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor 

The only way to remove this fields from there, it´s not using "Organizations" in your project.

If you´re using "Organizations", automatically jira it will show to you this field.

@Fernando Eugênio da Silva  thanks for your prompt response.

Could you please guide me on how to remove it?

Regards

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Open your project;

Go to "Customers":

Screenshot_41.png

You will see all the organizations already created for this project, if you click on any them, you will see what the others customers make parts from this organizations.

If you want to delete, just click on "trash" icon, as you see in this print:

Screenshot_42.png

It's important to mention that if you just remove your user from the participating organization, then the "shared with" button should deleted and you won't need to delete the organization completely.

@Fernando Eugênio da Silva  have a question. 
What could be the impact if I remove the users from that group?

We are adding all the users to that group because as far as we know that is necessary to allow them to have access to the project.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

The idea of organizations is mainly to organize customers by some kind of reference, not necessarily you need to create "Organizations" to grant access to the project.

If you just click on "Customers" in the project, you will see the following options:

Screenshot_43.png

You just add the customer to the project, without having to include it in organizations. After adding it, it will be able to access the requests portal for this project normally.

Before anything I recommend you read the doc: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/group-customers-into-organizations/

Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor September 9, 2022

@Fernando Eugênio da Silva

We are facing a problem because if we remove the user from the group, they can't create tickets.

How can we solve this issue?

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

Click on "Customers" > Then click in the organization > add customers > add the user email again

Hi @Fernando Eugênio da Silva ... 
Let me clarify the scenario.
We had to add all the users of the organization called Org_cafeto as you can see in the attached image.
If the user is not included in that group, they cannot create tickets.
So if I move the user out of this group, in order to follow your instructions, to remove the organization to remove the shared field from the form... the user is not been able to create ticketsjira01.png

Hi @Fernando Eugênio da Silva 

Just to clarify the scenario.

Let me clarify the scenario.
The problem is if we remove the user from that group it won't be able to create tickets.
We had to add all the users of the organization called Org_cafeto as you can see in the attached image.
If the user is not included in that group, they cannot create tickets.
So if I move the user out of this group, in order to follow your instructions to be able to remove the organization, to remove the shared field from the form, he wouldn't be able to create tickets.

How can we resolve this to an accurate goal of removing the shared field from the forms?

Carlos Giovanny Quintana Corredor September 12, 2022

hello @Fernando Eugênio da Silva  how was your weekend?

Please, I am still attentive to your help.

Regards.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2022

That's exactly what I'm trying to tell you. Naturally, the user doesn't need to be inside an organization to be able to create a ticket.

Maybe there is some configuration rule in your project that requires the user to be inside the organization, but naturally, jira does not force the user to be inside it to create a ticket.

Test a user, adding them only as a customer, but not within the organization. And check what errors appear when he tries to create a ticket.

Naturally, there should be no error, unless there is something mandatory in your project settings about the "Organizations" field.

Please make this test with an external user from this organization.

@Fernando Eugênio da Silva  I am going to follow your instructions and I'll back to you ASAP

Thanks

@Fernando Eugênio da Silvayou have mentioned that some configuration rule in the project might be the reason why we need to include the user in the organization.

Could you please guide me on where is that setting should be to confirm if that is the root cause of the problem?

I found this link

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-service-project-customers-and-organizations/#Internal-customers

and this option....screenshot9.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2022

Product settings are correct.

Well, the way to remove the share button from the portal is to stop using Organizations. Consequently, you will need to review some configurations of your project or the process adopted in jira.

I would recommend that you consult your jira admin to get more sense of the possible impacts of these changes.

@Fernando Eugênio da Silva It could be possible that you can redirect me to someone who knows or have those details. I am the admin of Jira but I am not pretty sure of what you mean, so I would like to confirm with someone else that has that knowledge.

@Fernando Eugênio da Silva  I found the solution. Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events