Issue templates

Maha Wulff November 6, 2022

Hello,

I have created an Issue template (epic) with issue template tasks under it for use in Projects.

When I use the epic issue templates in a project, it does this successfully - however, it is re-adding all the new issues created under the new epic in the project, to the main Issue template epic. 

and it just keeps doingt his.. so now my issue template epic has been used 4 times, and it has added 4x36 (the number of issue tasks that were in the main issue template) to the issue template epic.

Is there anyway to fix this?

2 answers

0 votes
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2022

Hello @Maha Wulff 

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti. It's so nice to meet you!

After reading your post, I could see that you're using our Issue Templates for Jira app. We really appreciate that it has become an integral part of your Jira instance 😉

The behavior you're seeing that all issues are linked under the Epic template, instead of the newly created Epic in the project must occur due to the fact that the Epic Link field has been added to your templates Set of fields. As soon as it's removed, the Epic template will operate as expected, creating a structure of all linked templates in the target project.

For a step-by-step guide on how to solve this configuration issue, follow this article in our knowledge base: https://deviniti.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/article/1762787356

Please let me know if it helps with the problem. I'll be standing by to assist!

Cheers,
Aleksandra

0 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2022

Hi @Maha Wulff ,

Welcome to the community!

Please add info on what app you use to create templates.

Best regards,

Kate

Maha Wulff November 6, 2022

HI Kate, 

I just use Jira on my browser if thats what you mean?

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2022

You wrote that you created an issue template. As Jira doesn't offer the possibility to create templates, I guess that you're using the app from the Atlassian Marketplace.

Maha Wulff November 7, 2022

Ahh that could be - it has always been available in our company internal jira portal - see below:

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events