Is there a way to make the Confluence gadgets retain dropdown settings for EazyBI reports?

Jay Kelly February 8, 2018

I have several eazyBI reports which have a few dropdowns.  When I add those reports to Confluence I have selected what I'd like to broadcast in the dropdowns and press save.  Confluence does not save the dropdown settings but resets them to the defaults saved in EazyBI.  Is there a way to modify this behavior?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2018

Hi,

The page drop-down selection should work in the confluence gadget.

You need to save the page selection in the report toolbar in the Preview mode while embedding the report. Then save the Macro, and the page. Please see the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Janis, eazyBI support
Save in confluence.png

Todd Ritter June 8, 2018

I would like to be able to add a report to a Confluence template page, so that the user can create a page from the template, and then make selections from the drop down menu and that those selections can be saved.  Adding the changes when you first import the report with the preview is good, but doesn't allow for saving after the report has already been added to the page.   Users are easily frustrated when they find that the drop down selections made to a report can not be saved just to their copy of the template page.   Any suggestions for saving changes after the EazyBi report gadget has already been added?

Joey February 14, 2019

@Janis Plume _eazyBI_ @Jay Kelly i am having the same issue and opened this https://community.eazybi.com/t/reports-in-confluence-not-saving/1701 did you have any luck?

Jay Kelly February 14, 2019

I did...Janis Plume's response was the solution I used.  Also, I pretty much publish most reports to JIRA dashboards and no longer use Confluence.  That said...Janis' response definitely worked for me.

Good Luck.

Joey February 14, 2019

I should have read more carefully.  i tried and that did work.  thanks guys!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events