Is it possible to use variables in the issue summary during cloning (using Deep Clone)?

Marianne Lee (Nagarro) September 10, 2019

Hi!

I'm looking at using Deep Clone during a workflow post function.  Is it possible to use variables in the issue summary during cloning?  If it is possible, what is the format for variables?

Under Advanced options -- Prefix summary: 

e.g. % SUMMARY + " - " + % ISSUE KEY

Best Regards

Marianne

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 11, 2019

Update: 02.03.2020

Hi @Marianne Lee (Nagarro) ,

We're happy to announce that we released an update for Deep Clone for Jira which enables you to replace variables in the summary. 

We hope you like it :)

deep-clone_bulk-edit_replace-summary.png

----

Original post:

Hi @Marianne Lee (Nagarro) ,

Currently it's not possible to use variables in the issue summary with Deep Clone for Jira. You can only add any prefix but not replace or delete something from the summary.

You can send a feature request to support@codefortynine.com . We will discuss it in our upcoming Product Meeting and can get back to you via Email.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,

Marlene

Marianne Lee (Nagarro) September 11, 2019

Hi @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine ,

Thank you for considering this feature request, I look forward to it!

Best Regards

Marianne

0 votes
Troy Anderson May 22, 2023

@Marlene Kegel - codefortynine Do you have additional documentation on this feature?  Is it available in fields other than Summary?

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Troy Anderson,

You can read more about the Field Editor in our documentation. 

It might be interesting that we offer the possibility to edit field values using Jira expressions. E.g. you could set the "Start Date" field of the current date when cloning. 

Which field would you like to edit with Deep Clone for Jira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events