Is it possible to set as Executed/PASS a bulk of tests by one click?

Nataliya M April 24, 2020

We have a test project, that consists of automated and manual tests.

Automated tests are executed in different environment and mostly they are stable. After automated tests have been executed we need to mark these tests as PASS/executed in Zephyr. 

We have about 1000 automated tests, so is it possible to set them as PASS by one click, because it's wasting of time to click on each of them and change their execution status?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2020

In search test execution provide the zql and use the bulk execute option and change the status 

Also you can use ATOM feature which manage all your automation testcases, plan in cycle summary,  assign and execute the automation tests 

You can enable this feature by navigating to project setting and enable 

Nataliya M April 27, 2020

Hello @jagadeesh madhura Are these options available for Zephyr for Jira or it is available only for Zephyr Enterprise? Thank you.

jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2020

@Nataliya M  yes its available in Zephyr for Jira

Nataliya M April 28, 2020

@jagadeesh madhura Looks like Zephyr for Jira doesn't have A.T.O.M option only Zephyr for Jira Cloud has. Is it correct? the same with bulk execute option, because I can't find this options neither in documentation nor in Zephyr

Like Asiya Nawchoo likes this
jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2020

It's available in both server and cloud

Neelakanta Reddy M April 28, 2020

@Nataliya M ATOM is available for zpehyr for jira server/Data Center. By default ATOM option is enabled for all users. If one cannot see the ATOM option jira administrator has to provide the "Zephyr Browse ATOM" permission.

Updating all automated executions to PASS is can be done through ZQL in search test executions page and bulk status update to PASS.

Regards

Neelakanta

Manmeet Chadha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 16, 2020

@jagadeesh madhura  ATOM always creates new test cases based on the results provided as input to either UpLoad and ZBot.

Is there a way for ATOM to update the execution details for existing test cases in Zephyr for JIRA. ?

jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2020

Hi @Manmeet Chadha 

Zephyr identifies whether TestCase is created by A.T.O.M or not by below jql

jql: project="xyz" and Issuetypeid="1234" and summary ~" abc" and labels="ZFJ_Automation"
note: here 1234 is test issue type id

if test case matches the above query then it will not create duplicate TestCase, if doesn't matches then it will create new test case and it will create the execution

I suggest below things to do to avoid duplicate test cases
1. Change your manual tase to automation test case by updating the label for existing test cases : ZFJ_Automation (Case sensitive)
2. Make sure your test case summary matches same as your ATOM results file
3. Now execute the atom task and check it won't create duplicate test cases

To avoid duplicate execution and update existing execution
1. Use the existing cycle or folder while creating the automation task, this will update the results in same cycle/folder for every run and you can see the difference in execution history

For example I'm attaching sample Junit file which consists of 3 test cases

1. name="should default path to an empty string"
2. name="should default consolidate to true"
3. name="should default useDotNotation to true"

Imagine you have already testcases present with the above names in your jira now you have updated the 1st 2 test cases with label ="ZFJ_Automation" and if you will execute then A.T.O.M will create only 3rd test case as duplicate since it doesn't have label ZFJ_Automation

Sample Junit result file: Junit.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<testsuites>
<testsuite name="JUnitXmlReporter" errors="0" tests="0" failures="0" time="0" timestamp="2013-05-24T10:23:58" />
<testsuite name="JUnitXmlReporter.constructor" errors="0" skipped="1" tests="3" failures="1" time="0.006" timestamp="2013-05-24T10:23:58">
<properties>
<property name="java.vendor" value="Sun Microsystems Inc." />
<property name="compiler.debug" value="on" />
<property name="project.jdk.classpath" value="jdk.classpath.1.6" />
</properties>
<testcase classname="JUnitXmlReporter.constructor" name="should default path to an empty string" time="0.006">
<failure message="test failure">Assertion failed</failure>
</testcase>
<testcase classname="JUnitXmlReporter.constructor" name="should default consolidate to true" time="0">
<skipped />
</testcase>
<testcase classname="JUnitXmlReporter.constructor" name="should default useDotNotation to true" time="0" />
</testsuite>
</testsuites>

If you are still facing the issue please raise support ticket : 
https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=zephyr

Shilpee Naik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

@jagadeesh madhura 

Thanks and I also have achieved this . 

But I am now trying to figure out if the matching can be achieved via testcase key rather than summary 

I am using Zephyre as an service 

But I was trying to refer https://support.smartbear.com/zephyr-scale-cloud/docs/en/test-automation/pytest-integration.html

But this is not working 

Any idea if this can achieved by test case key rather than summary 

0 votes
Rashmita Sahu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 20, 2024

From Search Test Executions, Click on Tools from the extreme right top corner select the status and bulk update all the cases. It worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events